Select Page

2xMore Challenge

Panelized Acoustic Barrier

• Creator
    Submission

Mark Anson
    @mark

Perhaps the best way to deal with the wood waste is to slip it into an existing product line.  The City of Vancouver has a commitment to support “greener” building solutions.

I propose that the City of Vancouver, FPInnovations and CAWP invite the Ontario company, Durisol, to consider opening up a plant here in Vancouver, durisolbuild.com.   All Durisol products are made from a proprietary cement-bonded wood fiber.  They use specially graded recycled waste wood that includes NO post-consumer waste.  However, I believe the process could be adapted as long as the end product was suitable for the more questionable qualities that post-cosumer waste has.  This new Durisol material may be molded into many shapes, that could include highway acoustic treatment panels.  As an incentive, the city could pre-purchase a number of panels.

I propose to build a panel that is a low density open cavity cement-bonded wood fiber on one side, and solid load bearing concrete on the opposite side (thus porosity and density). These panels would be a prefabricated system that would also be compatible with a Wood Hybrid Sound Barrier previously developed by FPInnovations and Wester Forest Products, http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/fpinnovations-and-western-forest-products-introduce-a-new-green-and-cost-effective-sound-reduction-product-509174901.html.

Attached are sample pictures of what a Durisol system would look like.

Attachments:
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

AADHITHYA
    Participant
    @saadithya

I think it will be certainly a good idea to partner with durisolbuild because since they have all the resources to make a product like that, it will be easier. It can be used to make panel as u suggested or it can be used to make hollow insulation bricks as mentioned earlier in my idea “hollow insulation bricks”.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘The 2xMore Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.