Select Page

2xMore Challenge

Panelized Acoustic Barrier

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AADHITHYA AADHITHYA 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Submission
    Profile photo of Mark Anson
    Mark Anson

Perhaps the best way to deal with the wood waste is to slip it into an existing product line.  The City of Vancouver has a commitment to support “greener” building solutions.

I propose that the City of Vancouver, FPInnovations and CAWP invite the Ontario company, Durisol, to consider opening up a plant here in Vancouver, durisolbuild.com.   All Durisol products are made from a proprietary cement-bonded wood fiber.  They use specially graded recycled waste wood that includes NO post-consumer waste.  However, I believe the process could be adapted as long as the end product was suitable for the more questionable qualities that post-cosumer waste has.  This new Durisol material may be molded into many shapes, that could include highway acoustic treatment panels.  As an incentive, the city could pre-purchase a number of panels.

I propose to build a panel that is a low density open cavity cement-bonded wood fiber on one side, and solid load bearing concrete on the opposite side (thus porosity and density). These panels would be a prefabricated system that would also be compatible with a Wood Hybrid Sound Barrier previously developed by FPInnovations and Wester Forest Products, http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/fpinnovations-and-western-forest-products-introduce-a-new-green-and-cost-effective-sound-reduction-product-509174901.html.

Attached are sample pictures of what a Durisol system would look like.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of AADHITHYA
    AADHITHYA
    Participant

I think it will be certainly a good idea to partner with durisolbuild because since they have all the resources to make a product like that, it will be easier. It can be used to make panel as u suggested or it can be used to make hollow insulation bricks as mentioned earlier in my idea “hollow insulation bricks”.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘The 2xMore Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.