Select Page

2xMore Challenge

Sawdust Sculpture

• Creator
    Submission

AADHITHYA
    Participant
    @saadithya

I discovered this use of saw dust for making sculptures by an accident, saw dust fell into my wood glue container and I removed it from the container and once it was dry it was rock solid and can be carved like wood. When I was kid I used to make paper mache with wood glue and paper pulp so this challenge inspired me to use it for making sculptures from saw dust mixed with wood glue(Brand Fevicol) it has produced some great results and some of friends even want it. I am looking for mass producing it by wood casting it so that I can give it to my friends and relatives as a gift for this gifting season.

Anyone can try it out and it does put to use a large quantity of wood dust, it does get messy though!

I have attached pics of few crafty items that I made with it recently.

Attachments:
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mathieu VERDET
    @mathieu

It’s a funny idea.

I use glue and saw dust in many connection to fill gaps and mask fault on other pieces but I never thinck of an arctistic application. Next time, I will try your concept which is interessant. It can be use with children and at school.

AADHITHYA
    Participant
    @saadithya

Yeah. Once it is dried, it is rock solid and it can carved. Kids would love it, even I discovered this use by accident as I mentioned earlier.

Mathieu VERDET
    @mathieu

For once, it’s a good accident!! We like more this type than the general case^^

AADHITHYA
    Participant
    @saadithya

@damienmathis @mark Would like to get ur thoughts regarding this interesting application of wood chips/wood dust.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘The 2xMore Challenge’ is closed to new topics and replies.